Arnad is located by the riversides of the Dora Baltea and probably it was already inhabited during the Roman period. Arnad is part of the Comunità Montana Evançon (mountain community of Evançon). It is placed at 375 m above sea level, on the banks of the Dora Baltea, and it covers an overall area of about 30 km². Around 1300 inhabitants live in the village and in the hamlets. The origin of the name is probably Celtic and it means oye. Probably Arnad was already known during the Roman age, as proves a fundus of the second half of the 1st century before Christ. The agricultural has always been vital, even if also the industrial activities have always been really important. St Martin’s Church and Madonna delle Nevi’s Shrine are the most important religious buildings. Out of the built-up area, there is a big rock face; Arnad is also known for the Lard d’'Arnad processing and for the production of the Arnad – Montjovet wine.